Top Shelf Aquatics

One Hundred Miles Apart

quy_nquyen

With the sps addition and the lack of a working skimmer, I cant afford to let my harlequin shrimp fully finish the CC starfish. I'll be taking the star out tonight as it looks pretty torn apart. GAH i hope i can fix this problem soon....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should do zoa trades. and sps trades. :naughtydance:

and we should split an onyx order. :flower:

one of my picassos needs a buddy.

i'm on gilman, next to ralphs.

townhouses have extra space and garage, for reef goods sprawling.

sorry.

she's moving to a new buy-it-now system, but i've seen socal tropical in Fullerton carry picassos. and eye candy in garden grove was supposed to have some (don't know if they still do). i don't think any of the SD lfs will carry picassos.

I guess i'll keep watch of Doni's thread. I pmed doni to let her know that i would be interested in 2 grade A. I'll probably have to get rid of my black and white clown =[.

Mew were your picassos less than an inch long when they arrived?

The Tunze 9002 skimmer keeps overflowing with water so i need to contact them about the problem. :unsure:

Before you call Tunze. Close the air supply all the way so there are no bubbles. (If there are still bubbles then you have a leaky air supply hose. The guts of the skimmer are pretty simple so any loose connections should be easy to find.) If the bubbles stop, leave it that way overnight. Then turn the air supply knob a half turn each day. I know its slow but it will allow the skimer to work in. Do this until you start getting skimmate. This is kinda a variation on the way the instructions tell you but this worked for me.

Before you call Tunze. Close the air supply all the way so there are no bubbles. (If there are still bubbles then you have a leaky air supply hose. The guts of the skimmer are pretty simple so any loose connections should be easy to find.) If the bubbles stop, leave it that way overnight. Then turn the air supply knob a half turn each day. I know its slow but it will allow the skimer to work in. Do this until you start getting skimmate. This is kinda a variation on the way the instructions tell you but this worked for me.

Thanks for the tip phases

I just tried closing the air supply all the way and it's still producing bubbles. possibly a bad screw?

Thanks for the tip phases

I just tried closing the air supply all the way and it's still producing bubbles. possibly a bad screw?

I'd unscrew it all the way to check the threads and for salt build up. Like I said it could also be a leaky connection of the air supply hose to the screw housing.

I took some pics last night when the lights were off. Enjoy

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

The skimmer pic was taken this morning. It seems to be working pretty well dont you think?

IMG_0872.jpg

running a bit wet but i guess that's okay

The skimmer pic was taken this morning. It seems to be working pretty well dont you think?

IMG_0872.jpg

running a bit wet but i guess that's okay

So what was the problem?

Great pics!

Those zoas are insane.. :blink:

Thanks psys

So what was the problem?

I didn't change anything so i assume that it was just a long breaking in period. about 2.5 weeks. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity during this ordeal

I didn't change anything so i assume that it was just a long breaking in period. about 2.5 weeks. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity during this ordeal

Glad to help. :)

Note to self:

Tested water: 2/8/09

ammonia, nitrite, nitrate = 0

last water change was on the 1/25/09 (exactly 2 weeks ago)

next possible water change scheduled on 2/13/09

I was too tired to study so i took pics of the tank. Enjoy

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

The blue/teal sps is my favorite. The one slightly above it had some trouble when i first put it into the tank. not enough flow caused the STN? I've added another 2 powerhead since then. It seems to be doing okay now. I hope it doesn't die

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

petkingdom619

Im from north park in san diego. What fish stores are you going to? I have never heard of south bay tropicals.Can you refer me to some of the stores you go to that are closer to LA

www.aquaticwarehouse.com about 6 miles from ucsd.

aquaSD has really nice corals. I think he just recently flew to Indonesia(i think) to cherry pick some new corals.

Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets

located in fountain valley. Not the best price but they have a great collection of fish and coral.

petkingdom619

yea I go to aquaticwarehouse sometimes, but they are a little pricey on some things.

is aquasd just a website or is there a store somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
yea I go to aquaticwarehouse sometimes, but they are a little pricey on some things.

is aquasd just a website or is there a store somewhere

AquaSD doesnt have a store at the moment, but you're welcomed to come to his place and check out the corals any time you'd like as long as you make an appointment.

Been a bit busy lately but here is a picture of my newest additions

IMG_0917.jpg

Archived