SaltCritters.com

hooking pinpoint probe wire to back of tank

Jason7504

hi,

I have a pinpoint therm and salinity monitor and i want to hook the probes up to the back of the tank so that there in the 2nd chamber and then have the monitor down in the stand. but whats a good way to attach the probe wires to the back so that they stay there?

hi,

I have a pinpoint therm and salinity monitor and i want to hook the probes up to the back of the tank so that there in the 2nd chamber and then have the monitor down in the stand. but whats a good way to attach the probe wires to the back so that they stay there?

bump

I'm not understanding what you're trying to do but where ever you're wanting to attach, is it under water or above? If under, do they not come with a suction cup? If above, just about anywhere that sells zip ties sells zip tie mounts.

i want to attach the probe wires for the salinity and temp probes to the rim or somewhere in the back of the AP24 so that they will stay in the water and not fall out and then i will have the monitors in the stand so i can keep them out of sight and still be able to check the salinity and temp easily

i want to attach the probe wires for the salinity and temp probes to the rim or somewhere in the back of the AP24 so that they will stay in the water and not fall out and then i will have the monitors in the stand so i can keep them out of sight and still be able to check the salinity and temp easily

3M makes those stick on hangers in all sizes ( not for underwater use ) there is a very small, clear one with a small open end hook that may work depending on wire dia. You can find these most everywhere hardware items are sold. And they release easily and cleanly should you need to relocate or whatever. You could also use those to attach wire ties to (as Skydive suggested) should the wire dia be too large.

HTH

Archived