ReefCleaners.org

mighty mite leaking

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

I just got it and used it for the first time, the only leak i am getting is from the waste water output.

What can I do to fix this?

also is the waste water usable for anything? it seems like alot to waste

is it leaking around the fitting? if so i would use a little PTFE tape around the threads to seal it.

i cant offer any help on the second part.

petkingdom619

Do I turn the faucet on all the way or half way? and what do I do after I use it for storage? I will use it once a week. and.. it still leaks

the tube sounds like it came out a little bit. If you push/pull on the tube you should see a little plastic piece moving where the tube is inserted. You want the tube pushed all the way in and then that little piece out. if you look at the other fittings you should get an idea of what I'm talking about. Plus you can pull the little blue?) clips from one of the other connectors and use it to secure the output.

the tube sounds like it came out a little bit. If you push/pull on the tube you should see a little plastic piece moving where the tube is inserted. You want the tube pushed all the way in and then that little piece out. if you look at the other fittings you should get an idea of what I'm talking about. Plus you can pull the little blue?) clips from one of the other connectors and use it to secure the output.

What he said... :)

This happened to mine, make sure the tube is nice and flat at the end with no edges, and hold the flow restrictor and push the tube in all the way. No more leaks.

BTW- Faucet turned on all the way. Only cold water.

just got mine yesterday....same thing happened....just shoved the tube in a bit.....don't be too rough though

ohhh and why only cold water?

just got mine yesterday....same thing happened....just shoved the tube in a bit.....don't be too rough though

ohhh and why only cold water?

hot water destroys the membrane

You don't want to run it at all cold. I believe they suggest around 78F or so. The colder the water, the less good water you get.

The affect of temperature is that with higher temperatures, the salt passage increases, flux (permeate flow) increases, and operating pressure required is lower. With lower temperatures, the inverse occurs, in that salt passage decreases (reducing the TDS in the permeate or product water), while operating pressures increase. Or if operating pressures do not increase, then the amount of permeate or product water is reduced. In general, Reverse Osmosis (R/O) systems are designed for raw water temperatures of 25° C (77° F).

From Air, water, and ice

Membranes are rated at 77 degrees temperature and 50 PSI.

For every pound of pressure less than 50 subtract 2% of the output. Example 40 PSI subtract 20% of the 75 for 60GPD

For every degree below (77) you lose production. Subtract 1.4% per degree lower than 77. Example 57 degree water is 20 degrees less than optimum. 20 x 1.25 = 25% less production. So a fifty GPD membrane will only produce 75% or about 37 gallons

Please remember:

Combine the pressure and temperature answers together and subtract them from your membrane rating. Your membrane should produce water at or very near that answer

Oh and here is the product sheet for the 50gpd membrane that AWI uses. I learned that membrane may be good up to 113oF. Not that I would try it though. :happy:

Archived