my parameters, please advise

burtbollinger

burtbollinger

Temp: 78

Salinity: 1.025

DKH: 8

CA: 420

Mag: 1200

I have the three part mix from Bulk Reef Supply....do I need to raise any of these, or is it best to just be happy with and try to maintain this level of consistency day to day? thanks. sorry for the noobishness...just wanted some definitives on my exact situation.

The Propagator

other then raising your magnesium up 50-100 points to 1250-1300 I don't see any thing wrong with your parameters. :D

Good temp

Good salinity

ALK is balanced is CA

You seem to be good to go. :) ( as long as your other parameters are in check that is )

burtbollinger

I have not been testing PH....with the other levels as they are, do I really need to , or are my weekly 20% changws with tropic marin pro reef gonna keep that in balance. last time, I kept trying to get the ph at 8.3 and all it was doing was jacking up my Alk to super high levels.

as for nitrates, I rarely test, but when i do its undetectable...

for real, I always think i know what I'm doing, but am i messing up not staying on top of those two like a hawk? again, noob city....sorry.

and thanks Prop....youre a guy i really respect in my years here...appreciate your response.

The Propagator

I would test at least once a week for PH fluctuations.

I would do a test once just before, and then about 4 hours after dosing your alkalinity as well to see ho w much it is being raised or lowered with the buffer. Then you will have a better idea of when the best time to dose it is with the least amount of stress on the inhabitants. ( IE if its high dose after lights out when the ph drops etc etc.. )

Thanks!

Hell man I have probably learned more then I have given since I have been here ! :D

Archived