Top Shelf Aquatics

10 gal nano reef . . need some help.

darwin604

I currently have a 10 gallon setup and being a newbie I ended up getting a bad mix of livestock. I have a condy anemon, 2 damsels, a cleaner shrimp a brittle star, and a few bumblebee snails. Anyways, everything has been living well for about 6 months but I want to make a more attractive tank with maybe 1 fish and a selection of inverts / chorals that will get along with eachother. I think the damsels have to go since they are supposed to be in a big tank. Any help on what stays / what goes and what to replace it with would be great. I've had many aquariums, and still do, but salt is new to me so any help would be greatly appreciated.

d.

Try to get rid of the anemones, get rid of the damsels, after they are gone, go get some Polyps or Zooanthids, those are hardy.

Put in the fish, AFTER you establish the reef... SO after you are done with corals, get a fish, add very slow.

After you get rid of the Damsels and anemones, go and pick up 10 hermits and 10 snails, (these are total amounts, so if you have 5 snials, only get 5 more, get it?) add very slowly, maybe 3 snails and 3 hermits, then a month or so later add 3 more of each, this is a very, very slow process, dont rush it.

Archived