Innovative Marine Aquariums

good places for corals in canada

bossyboy

I do most of my shopping in Gananoque at Jim's home store. www.fortyfathoms.net... go into his forum and live good arrivals and you get more updated prices and what not. He doesnt ship, but he does make trips up to Toronto a lot, and other people from the Toronto and St. Catherines go down to him from time to time so if getting a ride is an issue I am sure he can work something out with you.

Here is my tank thread... Most of my corals and all the live rock, subtrate etc, are from Jim's. Even the box showing the corals double bagged is from him.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=175922&hl=

For shipping of frags, I am giving fragalot.com a try. They still have their extended boxing week sale on for selected frags at $10 each. Their prices do not seem too bad and only $45 shipping FedEx all taxes inlcuded on their side. They are based in Guelph and they accept Paypal which is great for those of us who hate dealing with credit cards. :)

kenthenanoguy

The places I've found around the GTA are ReefRaft, North American Fish Breeders and Sea U Marine. All are not half bad, but all aren't amazing either. If I had to choose one to be the best though; I'd have to say Sea U Marine. It's located in Markham.

Blue world aquarium and aquarium illusions by me in Edmonton are awesome and have very clean well kept coral. Pretty sure they ship too

Hey im from edmonton too, blue world wouldnt ship and i dont think AI does either. but nice to meet someone else from here

Hey man.

I live in Mississauga and I'm very fortunate to live close to a couple of great stores. Reef Raft is pretty good, but THE store for me is definitely Aquatic Kingdom (formerly "where's the reef"). The are located in east Mississauga (near Etobicoke border) at:

1810 Dundas Street East

Mississauga, ON

905-281-1118

Ryan and Daniel are personally responsible for helping me PIMP my reef tank. I've bought 80% or more of my livestock there and their pricing, service and advice was always good.

And no, I don't work for them. I'm just a happy customer!

Mariosreef

• 2 weeks later...

Are both those reef raft and Aquatic Kindom pretty close to one another, what are the store hrs for the latter?. I saw the store hours for reef raft and they are so inconvinient for me I wish they stayed open longer on the weekends

So far all my equipment has been bought in Big Al's Mississauga, but I've got a bad feeling about it thought the guy who helped me before has been nice (got a free pound of LR and couple of tini mushrooms) but 2 of my snails died on the way home (live close to UTM, so it was a 15 min drive in freezing weather, can't completely blame them)

• 12 years later...