Coral Vue Hydros

quieter jbj 12 gal?

david

Well I finally ran a test of my JBJ Nanocube and found that the powerhead is rattling (and spurting water a bit inconsistantly)

It is not banging on anything. In fact I took the whole thing apart to have a look and the reason is that the magnetic impeller is hopping around all over the place. The only time it doesn't rattle is when it is not touching *anything* else (including the green tube that feeds to the main outlet.)

I'm not pleased, this powerhead is defective :(. I would still recommend the nanocube though, as it seems that this rattling pump issue is not too common.

Still I would like a replacement... If the hood of the cube wasnt superglued on I wouldn't have to break out my dremel to get the cord out... doh...

hey monsoon, that a bummer. my computer at home is too dated to get into the jbj website for some reason, but I think I remember their replacement for that pump is cheap. maybe they'll give you one, they seem pretty good on customer service.

d

I sent them an email, hopefully I'll get a replacement! I assume you other JBJ nanocube owners don't have a rattling powerhead?!

The only thing I should be hearing is the deep hum of the impeller and some water jet noises right?.. at least that is the sound of the other powerheads I've seen...

yeah I think so. when I put muy pump in the center of the tank it is totally quiet. when I put it in its compartment, I hear a loud whisper from the vibration and watermovement, shaking the plastic walls somewhat. if it touches the walls it really rattles(vibrates the plastic).

mine rattles, but i've never heard any different so i wouldn't know any better. if all i heard was a soft motor whisper and the water bubbles i'd be a bit happier, but for now i've just gotten used to it.

I upgraded my mixing powerhead to a Hagen AquaClear 201 at the LFS and removed the powerhead that came with the nanocube

I tested AquaClear and it is *whisper* quiet compared to before. The rattling was driving me nuts! :D

I was happy to discover that with just a little bit of flexi tubing the new powerhead will fit perfectly. Will post pics when I've got the final setup.

Archived