inTank Media Baskets

BC14 Nanotuner's Lighting Upgrade Kit

bangus

I'm looking for people who like me don't prefer installing a metal hallide lighting and have upgraded their BC14's stock lights to nanotuner's (+1 24watt bulb 50/50)? What is your experience so far and what kind of corals could thrive well in it based on your setup? Thanks.

-rfa

I'm looking for people who like me don't prefer installing a metal hallide lighting and have upgraded their BC14's stock lights to nanotuner's (+1 24watt bulb 50/50)? What is your experience so far and what kind of corals could thrive well in it based on your setup? Thanks.

-rfa

Bangus,

I installed the 3.24 lite upgrade kit a few days ago,I like it over 5 watts per gallon it's is briter and a slight shimmering on the surface not as like the MH but pretty good

still you want to keep LPS softies shrooms etc. lot to choose from there ,No clams. the kit was a slight challenge but a phone call to Kyle helped fans a bit louder than stock, but he told me to buy the variable voltage reg and slow it down a bit so I'm hoping it will quite it down.

And big plus it's keeping cooler than stock no heat probs.

good luck

Rick

Bangus,

I installed the 3.24 lite upgrade kit a few days ago,I like it over 5 watts per gallon it's is briter and a slight shimmering on the surface not as like the MH but pretty good

still you want to keep LPS softies shrooms etc. lot to choose from there ,No clams. the kit was a slight challenge but a phone call to Kyle helped fans a bit louder than stock, but he told me to buy the variable voltage reg and slow it down a bit so I'm hoping it will quite it down.

And big plus it's keeping cooler than stock no heat probs.

good luck

Rick

Rick - Thank you. Which part of the installation did you get stuck with? There is an option to upgrade the adapter to a variable one (+$12.95). Would that have fixed the noise issue? Or is it completely a different fix that you are still working on? -rfa

-rfa

Rick - Thank you. Which part of the installation did you get stuck with? There is an option to upgrade the adapter to a variable one (+$12.95). Would that have fixed the noise issue? Or is it completely a different fix that you are still working on? -rfa

-rfa

That's it the variable voltage adapter which just plugs in instead of reg one.

go carefully with instructions they left out what to do with yellow wires just put them on one of the ballast screws. should be no problems.

good luck

Reefer714

What lamp did you order with your kit?

Do the Moon lights stay with the conversion?

I ordered the 50/50 because I like the look of the corals under the actinic better IMO

the moonlights stay where they are

do you need the pdf of the instructions? i can send it to you just let me know

Yes please send them to dkeel@bokf.com

Can you include whatever it was that was not included in the instuctions?

Thanks

i sent it over

Archived