inTank Media Baskets

coralife pure flo

ac_archie

I am, it puts out 15 tds water (adding a di addon soon), and the faucet connector it came with sucks, i replaced it with the faucet connector from an aqueon water changer....other than that its great, especially since it cost me like 13$ :D

The Propagator

I have one that's collecting dust now. I refuse to use it or sell it because its a worthless piece of garbage that I wouldn't even give away. I would comfortably use it on a fresh water tank but I wouldn't use it on a Fish only SW tank let a lone a reef. I fell victim to it about 8 years ago ( I think that was before they called them pure flo though ? ) Bought it from Aquarium adventures at Deerfield crossings shopping mall ofo of Fields Ertle road here in Cincinnati. Its only a 35 gpd unit ( SHa right !! more like TEN gpd ) and put out 25-30 TDS from day one brand new out of 265 TDS tap water !

you know what though ? Now that you all have just reminded me about it I think I will buy a 6 canister frame from Buckeye field supply and use the old canisters for additional carbon, DI, and particulate matter filters !

YEAH BABY !! I will be producing negative ppms then ! :haha:

But for real though I am going to buy a 4 can frame and use the old canister as a DI chamber ditching the cheap'o DI chambers I have now. ( if I can that is ? )

LOL.. thanks for the response

i'm thinking of a cheap and good RO/DI that will put down 250-300TDS down to zero!

any brands?

I have the Coralife RO/DI 4 stage 50gpd. I've had no problems with it since the day I set it up. Been putting out ZERO TDS water consistently (with regularly scheduled maintenance of course).

Prop is just a hater! :P

Now... if I were to buy a new unit today would it make my list? Prolly not. I'd go with something from Buckeye field supply, Melev's Reef, or Bulk Reef Supply.

Oh shoot...thats my model of RO/DI, lol.

The only problem I had was the faucet attachment sucked, plastic crap threads broke off day 2, replaced with a metal threading, awesome ever since.

Archived