Pod Your Reef

Appeared on glass overnight.

Steve-Ward.net

Steve-Ward.net

Well, this showed up, literally, overnight.

However, it might have been there the day before and I just didn't notice. I don't think it could have been there any more than 24 hours without me noticing, considering how much I watch my tank.

It is on the glass and appears flat. It has not moved/grown considerably all day.

Some sort of weird algae, or some kind of flatworm? Because of the two-dimensional nature of it, I don't really know. The guy at the lfs was pretty confident it was a flatworm and, furthermore, said it was "cool," and I was lucky to have it.

Is approximately 4" in length (not counting all the curves).

Looks like snail eggs. :)

As a sidenote, "The guy at the lfs was pretty confident it was a flatworm and, furthermore, said it was "cool," and I was lucky to have it."

This guy is a bonafide moron. I rarely hear flatworms described as 'cool' and even more rarely are you considered 'lucky' to have them in your tank (LOL!). Amazing what people spew out of their mouths acting like they know something....

Steve-Ward.net

rofl, funny you would say that, because in the midst of the conversation my friend Rob (Beermu) and I got that impression as well.

Rob happens to be a chemical engineer, and the LFS worker was lecturing him about the chemistry reasons why he needs to have a biowheel on his 2 week old nano, which is fine, except he kept saying wrong things (something about the nitrites themselves turning into bacteria??? I dunno... stopped listening to the conversation pretty quickly).

Snail eggs, huh? That pretty cool. Any chance of a few actually hatching and surviving?

• 2 months later...

I thought MY Ceriths were the horniest on the planet! =)

At least twice a week I find eggs...and mine definitely hatch because I have quite a few babies running around.

I just added a refugium, so I'm putting all the babies I can catch in there so they can grow safely...

Archived