Top Shelf Aquatics

light bulb for 5g, will this work good?

NanoNewbie16

Yes, this will work, but at such a low wattage you would have to use at least 3 of them. petsolutions.com has them for $9 I believe. So you might pay more than you intended just to get nice lighting. IMO getting a pair of larger bulbs would be better.

Do you have any idea of what kind of lighting system i should use if i have a 16" long tank and its prob about 10" wide, also its a 5g. I'm completely stuck b/c i cant find any 16" PC light fixtures.If you know where to get a light system that would fit my tank plz let me know. Thanks.

well, what I mean is, the 28/32W PC lights are 12" or 14" w/ reflector, and 36W PC lights are 16" or 18" w/reflector, and you can get those anywhere you want, which you can find similar setup at hellolights.com, they sell some retrofit kits or DIY kits, just pick any which suit your application

I have changed plans completely just because of lighting. I am going to get a 5 gallon mini bow witha a CSL 32w smart light. But thanks for everything guys. If there is any info you guys want to give me about minbows then that would help me a lot too.

Archived