Cultivated Reef

The Persuit of Perfection

silverplanet

Almost 3 weeks. i am slowly adding some pieces to the tank. the zoas where pissed before i added them and i gave them a fw dip. i am not sure what is wrong with them but i will give them at least another week before i worry to much.

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Jason

Looking good.

Is this diatom bloom your first one? If not are you sure that the tank is fully cycled? If so it could simply be a flow issue.

• 2 weeks later...

everything that fits is now transferred over. glass is dirty and the water is a bit cloudy from a wc i just did. only fish are the 2 clowns. not sure on what other fish i may add in the future. i ma going to wait a bit and research some interesting gobies or dartfish i think. maybe add a 6 line wrasse. time will tell.

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

Jason

Nice work ! This tank is going to be amazing when settled in and growing. I like your plan , not impulsive stocking plans. One thought you might want to consider about your fish plan. Green clown gobies are sps nippers. So be wary of that. Nice to see what experience can do. Please give us a fts when everything is settled down and opened ! :D

yeah i already have a green clown goby, wanted to see if it would nip my sps and after a month it started to. i am selling him to another reefer who has no sps. i will post another fts in a couple days. now to think about setting up another tank ahahaha.

Jason

not that i have noticed. the sand is no different then what is on the tank floor except the color. it is still argonite sand. i do find that it had a algae layer on it during the cycle that was easily blown off with a turkey baster and the snails and crabs like the back wall a lot.

Jason

i know, i love it. there must be about 40 or so heads on it. i hope to get another aio soon and just have the frogspawn/hammer in it. i will post a new fts in a couple days and you cna see how big the hammer expands.

Jason

i got a id on the anemone. it seems it is a heteractis crispa or sebae anemone. pretty good buy back in the day.

here is a photo of when i first bought it on January 4 2008. what a change is has gone through

IMG_1850.jpg

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
silverplanet

Little update. tank is doing fine. both clowns finally started hosting the sebae anemone.

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Jason

trakmasterrs

whats the red stuff in the dish tray? nice wall and tank btw, it will look sicker when the coraline encrust it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived