Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clownfish ID

revidy

I work at a fishstore and some guy brought in a number of fish, one of them being a clownfish. I decided to take the clownfish(I'm allowed to do that) to put in my new nano-reef. Nice free fish. Well, when I first got it I thought it was a Clarkii, but I'm not so sure anymore. The man who brought the fish in didn't id any of the fish. All the rest of them were common damsels. The clownfish has the dark colors of a Clarkii, with a yellow nose, underbell, fins, front top fin and tail. It has three white lines, the last blends in with the yellow tail. All the borders are very concrete, one color ends and the other starts, no fading. The only part that's not like that is the back of the last stripe that fades to yellow in the tail. The thing that throws me off is the lines. All three lines go the whole way over the top, which is not like any picture of a Clarkii I have found since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I forgot to tell it's size -- it's about 2- 2 1/2 inches long and a little more than an inch tall. It's a stunning fish and I'm happy I got it.

I don't have a camera to get a picture, sorry. It's not as dark as the one in the picture, plus it's not the same body as the black and white perc. It seems much taller than any of the perculas I have seen, more like a Clarkii is. It's the right body for a Clarkii, it just doesn't look like any others I can find.

Archived