Pod Your Reef

water changes....

FishOnTheBrainCoral

FishOnTheBrainCoral

So I'm pretty lucky as far as the GF and tanks goes, however, she doesn't like the upkeep quite as well as I do.I work two months on two months off, and want to make it as easy as possible... now my questions are storage and how frequent. Right now I'm doing 10% weekly but while I am gone I was wondering if she could safely do every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind doing them more frequently or higher volume when I'm home. Is that see-saw of water changes gonna be a problem? If so what is the min. she could do when I'm gone?

The next concern is water storage... I have read through the post here on that subject, but none really talk about 2months to store it. I do know keep it dark, moving, heated, and circulated ect. but will two month be ok? I was thinking like 55g to store. she does really well with topping off, tests, and salinity.

So far she has been doing 10%week, but she would rather not. let me know all the concerns and ideas.. Remember, happier GF means, not as UNhappy when I spend more money!!!!

Thanks ahead of time!

Your tanks chemical levels will determine if you can extend your time between waterchanges. With your bioload though I might recommend against it though

Archived