inTank Media Baskets

HOW TO PLUMB IN AN R/O UNIT

marinetanker

marinetanker

hi,

i have ordered my 1st r/o unit and i have no idea how one is plumed up, it says it comes with instructions but i just thought id gather up some info 1st so im a bit more enlightened. thanks

Needreefunds

Not too hard really, connect to cold water feed line, connect waste to drain line... and Bobs your Uncle, No worries.

...sorry...couldn't help myself...

Got a link to the unit you purchased? If not, what type of connection does it come with?

Theres really a number of ways to do it. The easiest, least permanent way is to just get a faucet adapter and run the waste line back in the sink drain and only pull out the r/o unit when you need it. Otherwise the unit I have came with taps for the cold water/drain lines as well as a auto shutoff valve which would be used in conjunction with a float valve to fill a bucket.

The way we have it now though is that we just had plumber stick a Tee in the cold water line of our new house with a valve on the end and a nozzle. We have the water in coming from that and the drain line just goes back in the drain of the sink (its just one of those washroom sinks in the garage so we werent really worried about it looking good). The unit itself is mounted on the wall and we just run the output line back to the tank/buckets and open the valve on the cold water line and bam water.

Archived