SaltCritters.com

!2 Gallon Cadlight Build

DaDarth

I recently just experianced my first tank crash and I think it was the result of a few issues. I ended up with Bryopsis from a friends tank, hitch hiking on some frags . I also think my deep sand bed didn't help. With such a small tank it wasn't properly stirred up and maintained with critters. Live and learn!

I have a few corals and a clown fish being held in a friends tank, I managed to rescue them before the sky fell.

I'm going to rebuild my 12 gallon tank again and hopefully this time it will be better, do to all that I have learnt since starting in this hobby.

My tank is a 12 gallon Cadlight with a built in three chamber Refugium . One chamber is a pump chamber which will house a Maxijet 1200 return pump, the middle chamber is a larger chamber meant for a Refugium or skimmer, and chamber three is where the overflow dumps into and can be used for whatever.

I'm thinking of going skimmerless with a full Refugium in the middle chamber, including cheato and rubble.

My first question is how should I modify the plumbing? I was running the return pump through a flaired nozzel as well as a Korilia Nano on the opposite side. I was thinking of creating another return or splitting the one return I have....any thoughts?

The tank pic is an old one. I now have a 70 watt sunpod.

cad.jpg

Archived