Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My First Nano DYI

StuGotz

Not many posts lately... I'll never get any more stars next to my name if I don't contribute... Sooooooooooooo....  I made a tank stand just so I can post in this Forum.  OK not really but I did make a tank stand.  It was a simple project and cost me less than 15 Bux to do it.  I'll have pics of everything soon on my site.

http://another.nano-reef.com

Can't wait to see it.  I made a base and hood for my 10 gallon nano.  It is definately a satisfying experience.  

FYI if anyone out there decides to make a hood make sure to use a hard wood.  I used pine and the lid warped from the lights heat.

I may have to bite the bullet and take some pics with this crappy webcam.  I really want to get some great macro shots of my corals, that's not gonna happen with this cam though!  Time to bust out the SLR and go Austin Powers up on this tank... ;)

• 1 month later...

I used Oak Trim and a 1"x1" to frame it.  Lucky for me I bought the trim first w/o measuring anything... and it turned out the tank needed to be raised exactly an inch so the top of the trim would cover the black molding around the base of the tank :)  I don't have a table saw to rip wood.  And doing all this at my office limits my powertools.  

Archived