inTank Media Baskets

ATO Pump (Question)

DCG1286

Going to be setting up an ATO soon ... and while going through the "fish" closet i found an old Hagen 802 PH ... was wondering if this pump is too strong to use for an ATO ... or will any pump do?

Thanks!

-David

Is it 802gph or what? If so then I think it is to strong

It's 400GPH (max ... at point blank) it will most likely be at 3ft or so ...

I had mine running off a Maxi900 and it was a little wild to be honest...I use an aqualifter now....what size tank is it for? If you have a big tank and a big sump the PH's might be okay, but if it's a nano you will want a smaller pump...the maxi just punched the level up a bit suddenly....I had the outlet above the high water level as a siphon break and it splashed everywhere when it came on....

I had mine running off a Maxi900 and it was a little wild to be honest...I use an aqualifter now....what size tank is it for? If you have a big tank and a big sump the PH's might be okay, but if it's a nano you will want a smaller pump...the maxi just punched the level up a bit suddenly....I had the outlet above the high water level as a siphon break and it splashed everywhere when it came on....

I use the aqualifter on a timer - I could only imagine what a maxi jet would do if it got stuck open for hours on end.

it's for a 90G ... total system volume approx. 130G ..

I use the aqualifter on a timer - I could only imagine what a maxi jet would do if it got stuck open for hours on end.

LOL ... yeah ... major problems right? :D

Archived