SaltCritters.com

Brightwell Additives

Nick's Reef

So as i get more into SPS I keep reading about Zeo and ULNS (ultra low nutrient systems). I don't wanna run zeo but I have heard about vodka dosing. brightwell seems to have a product that does the same thing as vodka (biofuel). Any one use this, is it as good as vodka dosing? I also read that if you dose ammino acids and trace elemts that your SPS will get better coloration, what is everone's veiw on this?

I really love my Brightwell Aquatics products, and I have tried many different brands over the past 4 years and these are now the only ones I will ever use. Although I haven't tried Zeovit or Prodibio (even though they are renowned as being awesome), because of their high prices and limited availability in local stores. I have done a lot of research on the new Brightwell Zeo method and its nearly identical to Zeovit in every way. After the New Year I will be starting it though. I am really excited about it :D.

They even have the Zeo Rocks too, you just need a reactor for them. I think there are like 3 total products that you need for Brightwell's Zeo method that include, Reef BioFuel, MicroBacter 7, and Zeo Stones. So its relatively cheap.

Here's a good thread on SaltWaterFish.com about it:

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2863425

Here's a good thread on SaltWaterFish.com about it:

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2863425

Thanks for the link, very informative, the problem is I can't run a reactor for the ZEOLITE media, there is almost no room to hang anything on my tank and I probably can't afford one. I already have undectable nitrates but I don't have a phosphate test, I use RO/DI that is tested daily for TDS from the LFS so I'm positive that is zero as I am running chemi-pure elite. I am going to switch to rowa-phos and rowa carbon soon though.

Hmm I'll have to look into that now... I'm running out of space on the back of my tanks and sockets to plug things into, (money too I guess lol).

Archived