Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cake's 40BR Build

I Ate A Cake

I Ate A Cake

As promised, pics. Remember, I am a horrible photographer. And yes, I know I am having a slight algae problem. Still need to do a WC today.

FTS:

dsc0337.jpg

A new GSP frag. Still not 100% open.

dsc0341m.jpg

New Candy Cane:

dsc0342.jpg

Frag of Green Monti:

dsc0343.jpg

Frag of Joker Zoas that are still closed, but starting to open (thanks 90shooter):

dsc0346m.jpg

A new Toadstool:

dsc0347.jpg

Flasher Wrasse. Please excuse the camera flash; he just popped out for a second and I wanted a pic. He is still very shy:

dsc0351.jpg

Thoughts? Also still would like some experience on a Mystery Wrasse.

I Ate A Cake

Small update. I picked up a little Mystery Wrasse today. I just couldn't pass him up. He is less than 2", and already exploring. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

latteslave

Very nice build - Not sure why the 3 Nova Exteremes would be considered bad... Are you seeing plenty of growth on the corals? I was actually looking at one for a 10 gallon rimless build I am working on - would love to hear your thoughts now that you have had this up and running for 5+ months.

I do like the wrasse! :)

I Ate A Cake

They are actually working out quite nice. I am definatley seeing growth on all my corals. I haven't quite noticed anything with the Monti yet, but Ive only had it for two weeks.

• 5 months later...

Well, it has been a while. I decided to take some new pics and explain what's going on.

The Flasher died a while ago from an unknown cause. The Mystery Wrasse, Clowns, and YWG and still doing great, and I also picked up a baby Cherub Pygmy Angel about two months ago. He is still pretty shy.

As for corals, I have Neon Green Candy Canes that are splitting and splitting like crazy (started with only a few heads). Picked up a Torch a while ago that had one mouth, now with three. Frogspawn is huge, zoas and moving along, leather is big, and Kenya trees are kenya trees. I also have a very big brain now that is gorgeous. I let the pics explain the rest.

FTS (One of these days, I'll use a tripod):

dsc0820u.jpg

Frogspawn

dsc0821s.jpg

Torch

dsc0822sl.jpg

Brain

dsc0823i.jpg

Canes

dsc0824c.jpg

Shaky YWG

dsc0825j.jpg