Pod Your Reef

Fish die due to temp drop.

jjohnson3

haha. i totally missed that part.

seriously though...what fish?

Here is the stocking list, in order.

1.Clown goby or eyelash goby

2.Trio of chromis

3. After my tank hits the 6-7 month mark I will get a pair of false percs and a 5-6 inch bubble tipped anemone. This will probably be the last purchase for a while.

I have read that a protein skimmer will help anemones to thrive. Is this true? Which brand would you reccommend?

Here is the stocking list, in order.

1.Clown goby or eyelash goby

2.Trio of chromis

3. After my tank hits the 6-7 month mark I will get a pair of false percs and a 5-6 inch bubble tipped anemone. This will probably be the last purchase for a while.

I have read that a protein skimmer will help anemones to thrive. Is this true? Which brand would you reccommend?

i recommend not getting the chromis. if you do what a chromis, just get one b/c they will likely get aggressive and kill each other off until there is only one.

a protein skimmer would help if you plan on keeping an anemone. the brand i recommend really depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend.

and you have the lights to keep an anenome?

i think he has the nova extreme - which should be good enough with the right bulbs.

i recommend not getting the chromis. if you do what a chromis, just get one b/c they will likely get aggressive and kill each other off until there is only one.

a protein skimmer would help if you plan on keeping an anemone. the brand i recommend really depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend.

i think he has the nova extreme - which should be good enough with the right bulbs.

I can live with a single chromis. Can I get a firefish in place of the other 2? I wanted to stay in the $125 price range for a skimmer. This will be in about 2-3 months though. Ill add the goby, then the firefish, then the skimmer, wait a few months, then add clowns and BTA at the same time. All of this will be online so corals will be added along with the fish. No sure of what kinds they will include. One of the corals I have to have is a plate coral. I like the longtentacle varieties but will probably go with short. LT looks too much like an anemone and I am afraid my clowns will host it. I have a nova extreme pro ordered. It has 6-39watt bulbs. 3 white and 3 actinic. I will have to deal with the bulbs for now and change them later. Running low on cash because I just placed a large order of coral. I got a medium frogspawn, a medium hammar, a medium toadstool, a smaill red mushroom rock, a small bubble coral, and a small open brain coral. I also got a coral banded shrimp. This will be here tomorrow!!! I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should add tons of color to my tank.

Archived