Pod Your Reef

2.5 AGA Nano Questions-Advice Needed

Robwsup

Well, I started my 2.5 Nano today. I have 1/2" of sand, a few lbs of Figi LR, a hermit, a snail, some Hydnophora, Montipora, zoos, a small Sarcophyton, GSP's, a small head of Torch coral, and a kenya tree, I think that's it. So far the zoos, and the Montipora have opened back up. It's been together for about an hour. Ok here's my questions:

1. What is the smallest heater I can get? I am using a Whisper HOB filter with a mesh bag of SeaChem SeaGel in it. I could put a small heater there.

2. Fish? I would like to put a small fish? Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a firefish.

3. Additives? I was thinking a couple mL of Bionic or Kent 2-part a day.

4. Would a half gallon water change a week be sufficient?

image-display?photo_id=1763386&size=lg

1) 25-watt is about the smallest I've seen, & it'll work for tanks up to 5 gallons. You can get 'em at www.drsfostersmith.com.

2) No fish. Please. Your tank is too small for any fish - even the smallest. Rule - 1 fish per 5 gallons.

3) Bionic sounds great

4) Probably 32 oz./week would be fine. Half gallon probably okay too.

Keep us posted...

Ross

I have a tronic heater in mine that hardly ever comes on. It is also short enough that it fits vertically in the tank which I really like. I change 32 oz a week in mine. I don't think it is necessary to change any more. I also wouldn't add any fish, but a peppermint shrimp would be fine. I had one in mine for a long time, but he just moved up to my 20L.

Archived