ReefCleaners.org

sulfer smell coming from canister filter... what to do

krakoski

my friend gave me his old Ehiem ecco today. he said he took it off of his setup and just left all the water and stuff in there. its been about a month now. and it built up all sorts of bacterial growth. i cleaned the filter as much as i could today with hot water and even ran hot water thru the pump. cleaned all the media and everything. do you think its ok to put on my system even tho it still smells pretty badly of sulfer. what will the repracusions be? thanks for any inuput everyone-kr

my friend gave me his old Ehiem ecco today. he said he took it off of his setup and just left all the water and stuff in there. its been about a month now. and it built up all sorts of bacterial growth. i cleaned the filter as much as i could today with hot water and even ran hot water thru the pump. cleaned all the media and everything. do you think its ok to put on my system even tho it still smells pretty badly of sulfer. what will the repracusions be? thanks for any inuput everyone-kr

It may be fine but I would not try it. I would just buy a new filter and that way you know it is safe.

Archived