Pod Your Reef

Everyone is stupid, including me.

BlackSumbel

Basically I had moved to the DFW area for a while with a plan of finding a place and settling down. That fell through, leaving me sort of floating around the DFW metroplex. Eventually, after Crazy Roommate Number Three, I just threw in the towel and came home to Oklahoma.

Project7Studios

I think where you went wrong is trusting a friend that obviously wasnt knowledgable with SW.

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/

I can almost guarantee that there is someone on that forum, me included, that would have been excited to have your tank. I wouldn't have taken your money either for the maitenence of the tank. I would have been happy with a frag of something IN YOUR TANK once I helped to raise it to a point where it could be fragged.

That means you could have bought something awesome, myself or someone else could have raised it in your tank with the intent of fragging the coral once you wanted your tank back. That's some good incentive to actually put some care and effort into your tank. hehe, just an idea for the future.

Money and friends NEVER mix. Kinda like water and wetness... =P

As I said, I made a poor choice, hence the thread title.

It did not occur to me, actually, to contact anyone from DFWMAS. At one point I had asked another friend who worked at an LFS if he'd take it, yadda yadda... didn't work.

Brass tacks, I don't know if it was stupidity or intentional carelessness. I can't figure out why after five months of flawless upkeep between the two of us, he got this wild hair up his ass. Part of me wonders if he knocked the tank over during a party and made some crap up. Frankly, the latter seems just as likely as his clownfish/nem story, knowing him. Especially since he "lost" one of the coralife bulbs...

Ahh well, just a tale of woe and stupid (and fail). Never trust anyone with your reef. Never exchange money with friends. Never expect to see your coral alive again when you let it out of your sight.

Dude, you live anywhere near OKC? You have friends closeby if that's the case. Let me know if you're in the area and we'll help you restock. Got a huge SPS order coming in soon and will be happy to help repopulate!

~William

I live out in Norman/Little Axe. Can't keep SPS under the lighting, but I'm always happy to try out polyps/softies, and I'm always willing to frag it forward.

Sorry for your loss, terrible situation and I'd be livid if it happened to me. That said, from a third party -- it's pretty funny :haha: I'm sure it'll make a funny story a couple months down the road.

Alright, well I can certainly hook you up with some eagle eye zoas, green bay packers, army men, and a few others. Neon greens aren't very prolific, but you can give them a try. The others are taking over. Maybe some mushies too when I do another frag-off. Want some GSP?

Let me know and I'll get it to you when I get back home (and you get your system running again).

~William

• 1 month later...

Archived