inTank Media Baskets

Orangish Tiny Tube Work Colony? Also - Mucous/slime

Fishtail

These little tube worm-ish looking colonies have been in the tank for a long time, sprouting one day on the LR. Recently they have seemed to spread a little more rapidly. They retract the same way a nice looking feather duster will, but they grow in bushy little colonies. I dunno. See if you can help me out.

That rock is about the size of a softball, probably about 5" diameter.

On that same rock (see zoomed out pic) you can see the slime, which is looks a lot like mucous. It only covers that specific rock.

I am just wondering if I should take this rock out. Put it in the sump for the big tank or something in the dark.

post-35123-1230011755_thumb.jpg

post-35123-1230011767_thumb.jpg

I have the same thing growing in my tank.......I was told that they are hydroids......I was also told they need to die. Someone suggested covering them in underwater epoxy.

I have the same thing growing in my tank.......I was told that they are hydroids......I was also told they need to die. Someone suggested covering them in underwater epoxy.

Do you have the slime too?

the slime is probably sponges, as lalani stated

Yeah, that's what I think it is. It's just really ugly and looks like its choking out the rock. Luckily, I can easily remove this whole rock and get everything off of it. It's not a structural part of the LR setup at all, so hopefully this should be really easy.

Archived