Coral Vue Hydros

RO/DI Faucet connection

WhiteShark

Okay so I've been using my Coralife RO unit for the past week and have been pretty pleased with it for the most part. The only issue I'm having in the connection of the unit to my faucet. The RO unit comes with this cheap plastic attachment that I've nearly shredded in a week. I've been looking all over for this adaptor with limitted to no results (I was quite angry after 5 trips to Ace hardware and a local plumbing shop yielded nothing but waisted gas). I found these 2 products on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Do-Best-TW-437476-Ad...d=3EDFHVS1X3EXP

and

http://www.amazon.com/Lees-Aquarium-Pet-Pr...d=3EDFHVS1X3EXP

I "think" these may solve my problem but I'm not sure (they unfortunately don't list the size of the fitting so I'm not 100% sure they'll work)...

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

burtbollinger

i'm very careful not to shred mine, but if i did, i'd try contacting coralife for a replacement or two, rather than go on guess work....ask for a few of them, offer to pay....betcha they'll hook you up for free.

Call us from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (CST) at:

800.255.4527 or

my 2 cents.

burtbollinger

yeah, companies are good about lil things like this....the best xp I've has was with Aqua C...they have hooked me up time and time again, always free. Give them a call and tell them what you need. It's the holidays...you'll get what you need. Screw going to hardwares stores and stuff....you don't need fresh RO for the next few days anyway, right? :)

yeah, companies are good about lil things like this....the best xp I've has was with Aqua C...they have hooked me up time and time again, always free. Give them a call and tell them what you need. It's the holidays...you'll get what you need. Screw going to hardwares stores and stuff....you don't need fresh RO for the next few days anyway, right? :)

Haha...With a gallon a day evap I probably will need it.

I use one of these... definitely the way to go imo

I have a full size ro/di. I just lift it out from under the sink, plug in the input, stick the wastewater output line in the sink, and stick the ro/di output into a 5G bucket.

How do you connect your inlet hose to the faucet? Did you just cut the female end of the threaded hose part off?

Actually upon further thought what I think I'm giong to do is split the cold water outlet on my washing machine, hang the RO/DI unit on the wall, run the waist water back through the washing machine, and put a 5 gallon jug ontop of my dryer to fill with RO/DI water. When all is said and done hit the spin cycle for 15 seconds to drain out the waist water and I'll be done...Anybody think this'll cause issues with anything?

Archived