inTank Media Baskets

cerith snails

audi206rs4

anyone with cerith snails?

do they hide/burrow a lot. i've put 4 in my tank and i've only seen two of them, i don't feel like messing with my substrate... they've done a great job, my tank is pretty much spotless (a few very small patches of green hair algae) with test readings of 0 amm, 0 rite, 0 rate, 8.3 ph. just wondering if this is normal cerith snail behavior?

thanks

ocean/hai

very good snail. the other two are probably buried or hiding as they seem more active at night ime. very normal behaviour.

nass snails are another very good choice.

I have two adult ceriths (one Cortez and one Pacific), and the pacific laid eggs, and they hatched, and now I have at least 15 babies all over the place. They tend to burrow lot in the morning, and then they explore the glass and rocks later in the day. Don't know what they do at night. They always seem busy and can get into the smallest nooks and crannies. I just hope all mine survive into adulthood. I love 'em.

I have 3 ceriths in my 10gl. They are great cleaners!!! They clean everything.....and the only time mine burrow in the sand is if something has been disturbing them or just recently added to the tank. Plus you can just pic them up and place them where you want them to clean.

my cerith are a different coloration then the small white dots on the black shell.

my are white-ish shells w/ big black dots. reminds me of the nerith snail from a book i own. but its shells are the shape of the cerith.

and my snail never burrow. they spend all the time at the top of the tank hanging out of the water. they only stay on glass at night and eat algae durning the night.

are my snail cerith or something else?

One of mine worried me when he kept burying himself. For about 3-4 days he stayed buried in about the same spot. If I dug him out, he would bury himself again. Now he is out and is back to cleaning the sand, rock and glass like normal. Also they blend in real well when they are on the live rock. Sometimes difficult to spot.

Archived