Coral Vue Hydros

Wrasses in a 10 gal?

ch0ch

I have a Six line in my 20. I feel he would be happier in a longer tank as he is rather active. I also have a Firefish with him. they are the only fish in the tank though. I would not put any more than 2 fish in a 10 unless they were very tiny like a neon goby.

I found that any fish that can't eat a goby usually gets along with it. I really like the orange-stripe prawngoby. They get about 2.5"-4", depending who you ask.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a yellow coris in my 7 and he seemed very happy. I took him out to replace with another fish.

A friend kept a wrasse that looked similar to a yellow coris (but wasn't) for about a year in a 6 gal, then 10 gal until a little tragedy with a Prizm skimmer Monday.

It swam into the intake for the "deluxe upgrade kit", and wasn't able to get out.

Here's the text from the (seemingly ignored) thread I put up in RC about it.

Hello all, I thought I'd just share a bad experience my boss had with his Prizm upgrade kit.

I ordered the upgrade kits for both of our "regular" Prizm skimmers and we installed them last week. If you've never seen the kit, it changes the water pick-up into a top skimmer. The slots that let the water in are about 4-5mm wide and about 2 cm tall. Well my boss had a wrasse get in there and get trapped. Unfortunately the fish died before we found it.

Making it worse, it was a type of wrasse we were never able to identify, even after spending hours on the web.

If you keep wrasse's (or similarly shaped fish) watch out for Prizm skimmers.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=252019

Archived