Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JLTRUK's 100gal

JLTRUK

Yah its not a Nano tank...so I wont bore you with details and loads of pics. I picked it up from a buddy a few weeks ago, he moved up to a 200gal.

Here is a pic of it in my room, if you guys are interested I can post more pics and specs and stuff.

fb1540b7.jpg

you can see my Nano Cube to the left there

fb15409a.jpg

wow.. that tank looks awesome.. if only i have room for a big tank like that... keep us posted. even though it is not a nano... but it's sure fun to look at the pics =P

cool, thanks. I did not know if you guys would be interested. Here are some more pics

fb153d89.jpg

fb15409f.jpg

fb1540a8.jpg

fb1540af.jpg

these are with the lights out so they kinda bite...I went on a pic taking rampage as the lights were turing off

I will take some more with the lights on and update you guys

well, we worked out a nice trade so its hard to put a total $ figure on it.

Much of the live stock was included. I added a couple of fish (dwarf lion, yellow tang, scopas tang and hippo tang and a banded shark), oh yah and a blue star fish

The banded shark is about 2 weeks old, once it outgrows this tank its going to the 1000gal shark tank at the LFS

Current livestock includes the aformentioned along with a Flame Angel, a Kole tang, a scooter blenny, a Clarkii clown and a green spot puffer which is on its way out in a few months as soon as I get it a new home. Also a huge purple anemone which looks like a Condy to me, I am not quite sure, I added a BTA, there is a big cleaner shrimp in there, tons of hermit crabs.

A TON of mushrooms, brain coral, some flower pot coral, some leather, just some stuff that is not getting eaten by the Angel or the Puffer. This really is not supposed to be a reef tank, but the corals came with it and they dont all fit in my Nano LOL.

The livestock load sounds low for a 100gal, but keep in mind the tangs will get quite large so I am allowing space for that.

ok i'm new to this site so i'm trying to catch up on all my reading. i have a 90g at home too. my uncle moved into a bigger house so he's going to upgrade. he gave me the tank. i'll have some pictures up later. JLTRUK your nano is nice oh yeah your 100 is nice too. i just got my nano started today.

Nice Tank JL,

I think your bioload is perfect.....plenty of movement in the those fish...and if anything I think you have plenty of room for more corals.

I know you didn't want to post tank specs, but let's see'em?

Do you skim? Have fuge in the cabinet? Lightling?

wow low you think i was thinkin that was high for a 100gl. i have a 100gl reef and i have only have 6 fish in it and thought that was high but to each there own i guess.........looks good!!!

onthefly:Skimmer...yup. Also running UV. the sump is 30gals and where the bioballs would normally go it has live rock. For a pump its a little giant.

Lights...basically enough to keep the hardy corals in their alive...2 96watt 10k 50/50's PC's. I had 3 175watt Halides on it before but I sold those earlier this week. It was making the tank run really really hot and since my emphasis on the 100gal is fish...I took those down and went with the PC's. Also to help cut down on the electric costs.

No fuge...I wish though but the tank would need to be drilled again and that would mean another pump in there also. Don't have the $$ for that yet. :)

I also got rid of the puffer, he was more trouble than was worth to keep him. Just took him to the LFS. I purchased a lawnmower blenny though and some more snails to help out.

sailfin:thanks, yup to each there own.

Lawnmower

fb03849c.jpg

the damage on the coral on the left there is the reason the puffer is gone. I knew it was going to be trouble, but since it was already in the tank when I got it and had lived with the corals before I figured it wouldn't bother it. I figured incorrectly.

Originally posted by JLTRUK

Lights...basically enough to keep the hardy corals in their alive...2 96watt 10k 50/50's PC's.  I had 3 175watt Halides on it before but I sold those earlier this week.  It was making the tank run really really hot and since my emphasis on the 100gal is fish...I took those down and went with the PC's.  Also to help cut down on the electric costs.

Originally posted by jdsabin1

I can hardly wait to get a big tank! Where's a better picture of the shark?!?! :)

here ya go

fb0aa27c.jpg

and some more pics too

fb0aa258.jpg

dwarf lion

fb0aa25e.jpg

that rock...its bigger than my head. It weighs about 20 lbs and has a few hundred mushrooms. Red, green, white mushrooms and green with purple stripes. That is not an exageration...it has mushrooms on the sides and back and even underneath

fb0aa263.jpg

Originally posted by FlyGTI

God, though I wish you'd have shipped out that halide system.  I've got a 90 that I need lights for in a bad way.  Oh well...

sorry about that man

oh yah, and the mushroom rock has blue ones that are striped also.

I posted a lot of those pics in the other pic forum Members Pics, but I dont think that forum gets as many view as this one. I'll just post them here

Thanks for looking guys! :)

oh no worries man, my avatar was jacked from one of my friends on another site. He stopped using it and allowed me to continue with its legacy...LOL

I have no idea where he got it

Archived