Coral Vue Hydros

Hydor Theo heaters?

05XRunner

Has anyone else used these. I never have but it seemed pretty good so i bought one lastnight. I usually have a stealth or visitherm but they didnt have any.

I have two of them, 50w I think. One for my BC14 and one for my 5.5g. I have had them for almost a year and they seem to keep a pretty constant temp.

ok..I was just reading some reviews about everyone says it cooks the tanks. but then again they probably bought 300w ones for a 20g

almost happened to me. i use it as a w/c water heater. Stealth, Finnex, and another one are, i forgots, the best to get

They are the only heater I've ever used except for the Stealth that's currently in my 10g custom AIO tank. I've never had a problem with my Theos I've had and haven't really read but maybe one issue with them ever. They also have the nice addition of a light that glows orange when the heater is actually on and heating.

I have Hydor ETH 200W (in-line) heater on 6 gallons reef (seasonal temperature with AC Jr)

ReefTempChart.jpg

And my son has the same Hydor heater on the 20L f/w planted tank without temperature controller

FishTempChart.jpg

They use more accurate internal thermometer than the one that Neptune uses for AC.

Best $30 I have spent on this hobby, they keep steady +/- 0.1ºC all day long.

Archived