Pod Your Reef

Rare Corals

akabryanhall

Rare like what? I don't really consider most LE stuff to be rare as it's readily available, at least in small amounts, the color might be unique but the coral itself is not rare. Plenty of chalices and acans to go around. My rhizo is semi rare in the hobby, not sure about the wild though. Dendros used to be rare but now you can get them pretty easily.

Rare like what? I don't really consider most LE stuff to be rare as it's readily available, at least in small amounts, the color might be unique but the coral itself is not rare. Plenty of chalices and acans to go around. My rhizo is semi rare in the hobby, not sure about the wild though. Dendros used to be rare but now you can get them pretty easily.

I guess what I mean is that I come across corals every day that I have never seen before, different variations of blastos that I don't see in anyone's tank or melting pot chalice or unusual brains, sought after zoas, red or yellow plate corals.....rare corals.

I would consider your rhizo rare as almost no one has them in their tank and would love you to post a couple of pics here

I wish I had a red plate, that is the one coral I would be willing to drop a couple hundred on if I had it. I love plates though. There are some nice blasto variations too, pretty spendy though. slcw has way better pictures of his rhizo in his tank thread, I have a cheap camera

Rhizo

rhizo013.jpg

I have this which I don't really know what it is so maybe it's rare, lol

nov112008010.jpg

Not rare but you don't see too many of them

002.jpg

Nice St. Thomas !! I have a blue one that I love. I lost my red and green ones unfortunately.

I love that mushroom, my clownfish killed my other two unfortunatly, she decides after four years that she wanted something to host in and started biting and throwing them all over the tank. Naturally she picks the expensive ones, not the $12 from Sealife that I posted. :angry:

I don't have anything "rare" just expensive......

Thats me in a nutshell

I wonder if this post will get even more interesting after tomorrow...fingers crossed

BTW whats a st thomas mushroom?

Archived