Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini carpet anemone

privatelykept

privatelykept
I would not suggest an anemone at all.

That's what I was thinking as I was researching...but then I thought maybe someone on here was successful with an anemone in a 24 gl. I want to buy clownfish, but I want to allow them to host. Suggestions?

That's what I was thinking as I was researching...but then I thought maybe someone on here was successful with an anemone in a 24 gl. I want to buy clownfish, but I want to allow them to host. Suggestions?

You can successfully keep an anemone in an established, well lit 24. But I would not recommend it until you have enough experience. Clownfish do not need an anemone. I have had several and never had an anemone for them.

privatelykept
You can successfully keep an anemone in an established, well lit 24. But I would not recommend it until you have enough experience. Clownfish do not need an anemone. I have had several and never had an anemone for them.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go down the anemone road until quite a while. My clownfish were going to be a much later addition as well. Been doing a lot of homework to plan how to begin and progress on our tank. I just really liked the idea of watching clownfish hosting an anemone in a tank of my own. The more I research, the more I think I will have to get the clownfish without the anemone because of space limitations.

Thanks for the feedback.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go down the anemone road until quite a while. My clownfish were going to be a much later addition as well. Been doing a lot of homework to plan how to begin and progress on our tank. I just really liked the idea of watching clownfish hosting an anemone in a tank of my own. The more I research, the more I think I will have to get the clownfish without the anemone because of space limitations.

Thanks for the feedback.

There are corals they can host other than an anemone.

privatelykept
There are corals they can host other than an anemone.

I did notice some people have experience with frogspawn, xenia and even mushroom hosting clownfishes. The carpets are so intriguing...I hoped to have one. One day I will splurge on a bigger tank. This tank is a good start for gaining experience.

• 1 year later...

They will slowly kill your euphyllia. Mine almost did.

I did notice some people have experience with frogspawn, xenia and even mushroom hosting clownfishes. The carpets are so intriguing...I hoped to have one. One day I will splurge on a bigger tank. This tank is a good start for gaining experience.

now, i have an sebae white anemone, it's a true nightmare, every day is walking hurting mi corals, this weekend i'll sendit back to my LFS

• 1 month later...

I have a carpet anemone that hosts my two perculas; it took over a year for them to host......and the anemone has eaten 100s of $$$$ in livestock.... Its very cool though

I have a carpet anemone that hosts my two perculas; it took over a year for them to host......and the anemone has eaten 100s of $$$$ in livestock.... Its very cool though

Hes stayed in place as long as I have a very deep sand bed and eats well. I have even moved him from my BioCube 29 that I had him in for 2.5 years into a larger and brighter lit tank using the icecube method. I bought it cause it was cheap and I knew they were hardy anemones; its eaten a deresa clam, maxima clam, two hawkfish, yellow tang, blue linka starfish...........if it touches it it will almost instantly be eaten when he is well fed he is more likely to eat anything that touches him. He ranges in size from a coffee dish to dinner plate depending on time of day and most recent feeding. My perculas sleep in him as well as swim around in him all day.

post-41156-1291315427_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am currently housing a rbta in a 28 jbj and a haddoni carpet in a 29 biocube the carpet has taken 2 of my fish from me possible 3 haven't seen my yellow watchman lately but my clowns will not host yet hopefully they will in the future but on the other hand the rbta gets hosted rght away haven't had much movin around on both anemones I guess I was lucky in that department but I will definelty b upgradeing my setup soon lol

Tank that are too small will have issues with anemone moving around and killing other corals. In theory you shouldn't have an anemone unless you are ready to lose some corals. This is not in all cases just my experience with them.

Archived