Cultivated Reef

Retrofitting Eclipse 12 with AH Supply 2x36

Hgarner

I am a new reefer who is working on getting an Eclipse 12 up and running--lights are now an issue. Has anyone been successful with a retrofit of the ahsupply.com 2x36 set up with the 17.5 in x 7 in x 2 in reflector? I am tempted by this kit, but don't want to buy it if it won't cut the mustard or fit in the hood. Thanks in advance for any help.

I figured that taking out the stock filter might be necessary, since it does have big footprint. Bob--what replacement filter kit did you use? Gorgeous tank, by the way.

Thanks for the compliment.

I use a Aquaclear 150 filter. I had to cut the hood a bit, but it was quite easy. I don't use the foam filter, but use a bag of Seagel which is carbon/phosguard. Keeps the tank clear and clean.

I just measured mine.

The 2x36 which is 17.5 inches might not fit. The 2x32 is 15" with the reflecter, it pushes it to 17" and it just makes it. How long are the bulbs? So the length of the bulb plus a few inches for the endcap is all you have. And I think that 17 inches is the max.

Hope this helps.

The width is no problem with the stock filter removed. The lights entend over the lid opening, but there is still room to feed, dose b-ionic , etc...

here is a pic with the lights installed.

Archived