ReefCleaners.org

juvenile clown id- Red seabae/clarkii?

supernip

I got a new juvy clown cause it looked really pretty. I'm not sure whether it's a seabae/clarkii or tomato/fire clown. It has the physical features of a seabae/clarkii but the color of a tomato/fire clown. It's also only about 3/4-1in in length. So yeah, knock yourselves out.

TIA,

Nip

P.S.

I photoshopped a picture of a seabae as a joke lol jk. The picture does my gorgeous new pet no justice.

• 2 weeks later...

yea if its a small yungster it most likely by the reddish color is a tomato clown (amphiprion frenatus) whose strips in the mid ad tail will disapear

I have never seen or heard of a redish orange clarkii

It's probably a tomato but I still kind ahve my doubts, or holding onto false hopes that I have something more unique.:D . Ive seen other tomato clowns about the same size and they have all lost their other two stripes. as for the coloration, i believe either clarkiis or seabaes do actually come in a red variation. thats for you guys interest though:D , I love the colors on this fish, it blends in perfectly with my rose bta. I hope it stays this way.

• 5 weeks later...

bump:D

It's been a month and the little bugger still has all his stripes. How long does it usually take before they lose all their stripes? Or is there a possibility it might not be a tomato clown?

Here are some update pics on the little guy. his name is omen :)

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's a beautiful fish none-the-less. But my vote is going toward robotically engineered nemo hell-bent on destroying obnoxious little children. Or maybe some sort of hybrid? Doesn't that anemone look like about 100 small, shapely condoms? I guess your clown practices "safe hosting". :angel:

-Justin

i'm not sure about the answers to your questions, but those are great pics.

nothin better than a happy clown in its anenome.

Jee, super... thanks for stealing my clownfish name. Now I'm going to have to steal YOUR SOUL!

(cute clownfish by the way. I'd put good money down on it being a clarkii.)

Archived