inTank Media Baskets

first pix of my first nano

LIVEROCKER

FINALLY! a couple pictures of my reef (well.......getting there i hope)tank.Hope you guys like it.it is actually my first saltwater tank.its been up for 2 months now.i started it on July 20 2003

specs:

25 gallon eclipse system 3 all glass

55 lbs fiji live rock

12 lbs live sand

100 watt ebo jagger haeter

rio 100 powerhead

65 watt power compact smartlite retrofit (going to upgrade to 95watt powerquad retro next week)

livestock:

2 percula clowns

1 coral banded shrimp

3 turbo snails

5 top snails

1 flame scallop

corals:

3 candycane frags

several green stipped mushroom

several rhicordias (3 biggaones!)

green star polyps (1 frag 2 colonies)

pink star polyps

frogspawn coral(2 heads wow!i got it for 5 bucks! my lfs guy is hella cool!)

I WANT ZOOS!!!!

Sweet nano,and a pretty sweet apartment aswell!Are you making this tank a softie/filter feeder tank?those flame scallops really suck up nutrients/phyto really fast,i assume you are aware of this?

i love filter feeder tanks!

i just got this one last week for my girlfriend.we keep this one in our room.its a 3 gallon eclipse 3 system.i got it for her on sept.5th.it cycled in less than a week! i swear my lfs has the best live rock.its almost always fully cured.

specs:

3 gallon eclipse system 3 all acrylic tank

6 lbs fiji live rock

2-3 lbs live sand

no light yet still stock(soon i will set up a hanging ballast over it.kinda like liquids but with power compacts)

livestock:

none

corals:

gsp frag

we always keep the hoods on both of them open during the day cause its summer time and you know how that goes.

yeah im aware of the scallop issue.ive been debating over wether to keep it for a while now.yeah i like the soft corals.it is probably going to be mostlya soft coral tank.

thanx for the apartment comp. it kinda has a dark... kinda japanese feel to it dont cha think.

Nice job rocker. Love the way the tank *sits* right into the wall! Think I'd have my feet in the pics of the 25g since I would be stretched out on that sofa watching it all night long!

sweet tanks. love your rock work. your apartment is sweet, too, like the "nook" for the tank.

what's your maintenance on the 25 gallon? are you ever planning on adding a filter, skimmer, or a fuge? or are you down with the natural?

hey thanx sea mountain...you know whats funny is thats exactly what i do EVERYDAY.i get home and lay right there and stare at my baby.oh yeah... my girlfriend beautiful too,but were talkin nanos here! anyways yeah i just lie there for days starin at that damn tank!i think its evil.....

matt, i do have a filter in my eclipse hood.the whole skimmer and fuge thing,im not sure yet.i cant seem to find a skimmer that will fit on the back of that closed hood.fuge? i might put one underneath in the stand but thats a whole nother subject.you can check my post in the general discussion board" NO SKIMMER NO SUMP WILL I MAKE IT OUT ALIVE"

oh yeah.... as far as maintenence..i do a 20 percent water change

EVERY WEEK. i am really strict on that too.i wipe the glass every other day.and i probably syphon out detrius and all that other junk every other day also.im real strict about keeping my tank clean (just like my apartment).

i probably top off water every 2 days.i get ro water from i water store in my town for 1 dollar every 5 gallons! the store is right across the street from my lfs too! oh what a world!

any ways thanx for the comments guys.

ill probably be posting new pix of corals and the pico in process once i get a digital camera.

You planning on retrofitting the eclipse hood or putting a new 96watt fixture over your tank? I've got a 150watt hqi halide fixture that would be sweet over your tank. I bought it off Physh1 on here but it's too heavy to hang from my ceiling. Let me know if you're interested.

j bass no im not going to retrofit it.imma get new lights for my 25 gallon(95 powerquad retrofit.i will retrofit this one).then i will take the 65 watt power compact from that tank,build a new ballast and canopy for it then hang that light right over the 3 gallon pico reef. but thanx for the offer...maybe when i move out of my apartment i will get a bigger tank then i might take you up on that offer.....that is if you still have it. thanx.

nishant:no prob dude... no,its not a washburn.its just my ibenez acoustic my little brother bought for me(he commited suicide last year. rip little brother)he was the guitar player for our garage band,i was the drummer.i love that guitar.

Archived