Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new tank. please critique

lzyboy9

i am new to nano-reefs, but i had an eighty gallon reef back in the day.

this is my set up. tell me what you think.

6 19 watt coiled florescent 6500 k bulbs(ones from home depot)

lights are suspended 6in. above tank.(mounted with duct tape and bailing wire. GHETTO) freebie from offsprg01.

10 gal. AGA. freebie from offsprg01!

whisper 30-60 gal. filter (used as HOB fuge). in fuge is macro algae and LS. $34

11 lbs. of fiji LR cured. $87

12 red leg hermits. $21

10 astrea's. $39

20 lbs. arga-live sand(in a bag. bacteria only). put in 12lbs. gave rest to offsprg01. freebie(LFS forgot to charge me for it)

total $180 ish

welcom to the boards bro. i see you finally pried your lazy @$$ from in front of your tank long enough to post. ( i caught him staring at his empty tank two days ago before we went and got the lr/ls for it. much funny. now he stares at it all day it's actually rather sad. kinda reminds me of...well me)

he's got like the sweetest setup and he got it for uber cheep. he's lights are pretty ghetto though. he got those plug in sockets and put them in a power strip. ha! lol. :D :D :D and the he hung the power strip up with duct tape and bailing wire.

hey kickyourbrainintheface his lights aren't 6 inches they are more like 4 maybe 5 at the most. and if he were lower them he'd cook his tank. damn lights are bright.

Archived