Coral Vue Hydros

pic..hopefully

kickyourbrainintheface

kickyourbrainintheface

wow. it worked..this is a pic taken within my cel phone camera attachment. it's all i have right now. i know.. it sux

kickyourbrainintheface

by the way, tank is 55 gallon long. black background, no sump, unfortunatley. been goin since 4-17-03. 50 lbs. of beautiful popcorn like, complex rock. 110 lbs of live arag. sand which gives 3-4 in. bed. only other filtration is skimmer (no, not the prizm). 3 powerheads, each 200 gph, all are on the back wall at the top facing front. the two in the back corners are slightly aimed at the surface which now stays very clean. 5 gallon water change every 3-4 days. i dose salifert regimens for my zo's and mushrooms and star polyps. 36" coralife (both bulbs are 96 watters/10,000k)p.c.'s one daylight, one actinic. actinic is on 12 hours and daylight is on about 8 hrs. 2 brittle stars, 10 snails or so, no crabs except a few small hitchkikers, develpoing colonies of mysis, tons o pods and mini-stars. i assume the key is 'no other fish' in the tank. i do have one small seahorse (a tigertail, female) the only other 2 are the mandarins. both very young. the male looks very good and the smaller female is even fatter. i've witnessed them release their 'stuff' 5 times in the lsat couple weeks, and as i don't live in front of my aquarium i assume you could probably at least double that number. i've had the male for about 3 months and the female for about 2. you know this is not bad for my first tank. never tried freshwater. oh, yeah as far as food, i don't feed any. i was dosing a while back with kent zooplex but i stopped and everyone's still fat and sassy. temp-80

Did you buy that reef tank at Ikea? Just kidding. They always have those little futon bed things. Crazy swedes. Anyhow, nice tank. I am sure the pics don't do it justice.

kickyourbrainintheface

the stand is actually a solid steel bedroom bench from pier 1, but the tank was about 1/2 inch too long for the bench but when i turned the bench over, it fit......liiiike a glove.. this tank's bottom is about 6 inches off the ground.

kickyourbrainintheface

yeah, and usually i'm not alone. since this tanks birth i've absorbed hundreds of hours reading due to my boring ass job!! whoohoo!! alas, until i really get some hands-on plumbing experience i'm like a drunk blind man trying to visualize and build my next setup to include a sump.

harbingerofthefish

I love the way it looks sitting down like that. The stands pretty cool too. I'm moving into a new place and have thought of something similar, making it a FOWLR, but kinda afraid the fish would scare the chit out of the fish.

Archived