Coral Vue Hydros

Fan cooling

Greenstar

My fans draw out the hot air from the hood. I also have one on the rear of that tank that I set up to blow cold air in.

I can see blowing air into the hood will force the hot air to go into the tank areas, over the water etc, not effectively removing it depending on how tight your hood set up is.

HecticDialectics

supposedly you want it blowing into the tank... because the salty air will corrode the fans and stuff

in which case you'd have to have an exhaust vent as well or the air has nowhere to go, like stevieT explains

But I've never heard of fans breaking down sooo

burtbollinger

i've been thru 3 sets of cheapo azoo fans....i swear it had to do with salt somehow doing something....

once they die, and i try to pull out the ac cord from fan body...you can see a white film around the metal contacts...

supposedly you want it blowing into the tank... because the salty air will corrode the fans and stuff

in which case you'd have to have an exhaust vent as well or the air has nowhere to go, like stevieT explains

But I've never heard of fans breaking down sooo

I have never had one break down either, but I have not ran a single tank for two + years yet.

If you do have one going in, then you need an exhaust otherwise it goes nowhere like you say. I guess it all comes down to application and hood design.

I tried to have it draw air out but do to the style of my hood it just wasn't pulling out warm air, just pulling in air from holes close to the fan. When I flipped the fan to push air in, the temp dropped by 3 degrees over the course of an hour.

looks like that works for your hood then. As long as you are cooling the area and the tank, your setup will work. With more closed in hoods like mine, sucking air out works best.

Archived