Pod Your Reef

Does PM make good skimmers?

nannodad

why not use an ASM Mini G or an ASM 1 G? the mini still does 75 gallons and is a lot cheaper. but the G1 cost more but is rated for bigger tanks. another alternative would be the remora urchins. i have on and it works like a charm. good luck with finding a skimmer!

-Nate

why not use an ASM Mini G or an ASM 1 G? the mini still does 75 gallons and is a lot cheaper. but the G1 cost more but is rated for bigger tanks. another alternative would be the remora urchins. i have on and it works like a charm. good luck with finding a skimmer!

-Nate

I heard the urchin's were really noisy? yours is not?

well they are noisy but its under my stand and the wood absorbs allot of the noise. the only reason you get the noise is because it uses a jet of water to make its micro bubbles. it also depends on where you have your aquarium. if its in your room, dont get an urchin. if its in your living room or family room the noise is not as bad and you will probably get used to it.

Why not a Red Sea Berlin Turbo x2, that thing is awesome pulls out so much gunk on my dad's 75 and I get it if I set up the 40 breeder I want! B)

im sure it would be fine. its almost the same size as the one u linked. i just really like recirc skimmers for their ease of use. they can be used in or out of sump and can be fed off ur overflow.

What does it mean requires feed pump cant I just put it in my sump?

Obi Juan kenobi
go with a tunze 9005 or 9010(if your a boss B)) haha

or a octopus skimmer they are really good for the price

+1 I run the 9005 and I love it :D

this type of skimmer can be ran in/out of sump. the pump on the skimmer only adds bubbles to the water. so u have to have a way to get water into the body of the skimmer. thats where a feed pump (maxijet) or overflow comes into play.

the skimmer u linked sits in a set amount of water and the pump does both jobs of adding water and air.

i wouldnt skimp on ur skimmer. for big tanks the skimmer is one of the most imprortant parts of the filtering system.

What's up Erik. Yeah Tunze are pricey but they are the bomb. That octopus should work well what's it goin on? Your cube?

planning a 60g upgrade

Archived