Pod Your Reef

Skimmer for 60 gallon system

Bigben7

I'm sorry, this is a bit similar to a number of other threads, but I'm still quite curious. I am working on starting a 40 breeder w/ a 20 sump, so a sixty gallon system, which should hold on the order of fifty gallons. I would like to run a mixed reef, and I would rather overskim than underskim. What would be a good skimmer for a setup like this? I'm interested in the Tunze skimmers, but am curious about which model 9002 or 9005. Any comments, thoughts, experience would be appreciated.

like? im seting up the same sys, and would like to know what all have in mind, instead of finf=ding one we think is good and asking bout it, lets hear what u all think?? sorry bigben for jumpin in...

Jerzsky, it's cool, I almost jumped on yours. Ok, gang. A lot of people in my local reef club use ASM on their larger systems, but I have heard VERY mixed reviews on the ASM Mini skimmer. I know there are larger skimmers out there, and I don't mind going w/ a skimmer rated for double my volume, but we are still talking about a skimmer rated for 100 or less gallons. I would be happy to even get advice of companies or models to avoid. Any help is appreciated...

Ok, the gentleman on the video is pretty funny. Disaster, do you work for Bubble Magus? You have made many a post in support of them, and I'm just curious. I have read both of the RC threads, and people are generally fans of them, and they seem to be excellent quality for the price. The only problems seem to be shipping to the US (the price seems to change by the minute), and getting 110V versions. Everyone here in the states seems to be out of them.

no i dont work for them. but want to use their skimmer when i have a big enough system for it.

you can always get an inverter to change 110v-220v, but yeah, shipping is rough

its not a problem for me because i live in hong kong and i can get it locally :P

Archived