Cultivated Reef

Noise from RO unit

w1dude

I am unsure about how much to turn on my water faucet. Is it ok if i hear a little noise from the membrane? It isnt loud, but if you listen really close you can hear it.

does it have a thing like this sitting behind the RO membrane chamber?

ASO_VALVE.jpg

I would hear this obnoxious clicking noise that was a fairly high rate coming out of this thing on my parents RO drinking water filter. Turned out that the RO membrane was missing. Once it was put in the clicking receded by a huge amount. We only heard it when they turned it on for drinking water and it was also a lot less clicking.

Hey you need to turn your water all the way on. Those filters have a pressure switch on them. W/O the proper pressure they can bypass some of the filter media and the water will just go into the waste water line. Sometimes they will just make some funny noises. Keep in mind that your water in KY this time of year is a little cold and that slows down the production of the filters. This will also make them hum or chatter.

Keep in mind that your water in KY this time of year is a little cold and that slows down the production of the filters. This will also make them hum or chatter.

your filter is cold, give the poor thing a blanket or a heatpack :P

Not to thread jack but i was curious.......To the others with this system, would it be necessary to add the DI part to the unit or would the RO be good enough?

Archived