Innovative Marine Aquariums

60g skimmer under @$200?

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

I know nothing about skimmers except I had an aquac remora that I couldnt get to work right.

Are there any skimmers that work well that I can find new or used under 200$

this would be for a 60g display and 20g sump

Check out the Reef Octopus brand. The skimmers are great for money. I'm eyeing an NW110 for my 65 gallon, the place near me that sells them is just out right now so I don't have a user experience with it yet. From them, the skimmer is $135 on sale. I believe the brand has a few other models for slightly bigger tanks still under $200. If you check the brand out on Reef Central, there are also a ton of ways to mod the skimmers and make them even better buys.

This is the place near me that sells the skimmers:

http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/index.php

Aquacave seems to be a good source for the skimmers, as well.

Check out the Reef Octopus brand. The skimmers are great for money. I'm eyeing an NW110 for my 65 gallon, the place near me that sells them is just out right now so I don't have a user experience with it yet. From them, the skimmer is $135 on sale. I believe the brand has a few other models for slightly bigger tanks still under $200. If you check the brand out on Reef Central, there are also a ton of ways to mod the skimmers and make them even better buys.

This is the place near me that sells the skimmers:

http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/index.php

Aquacave seems to be a good source for the skimmers, as well.

you should probably go with the NW150 if your going octopus. 65g is at the very limit of what a NW110 can be trusted to skim (despite the absurd 90-100g rating). the NW110 is perfectly sized for my 30g (with 10g sump).

you should probably go with the NW150 if your going octopus. 65g is at the very limit of what a NW110 can be trusted to skim (despite the absurd 90-100g rating). the NW110 is perfectly sized for my 30g (with 10g sump).

Yeah, I was actually there on Saturday and talked to the guys about the skimmer. They feel that the maker overrates the ability of the skimmers and recommended looking at the 150 or 200 if I wanted to stay on the smaller size. Either way, it's still cheaper than a Tunze or something like that and I have the convience of a vendor near by that's good with them.

Archived