Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Eco aqualizer

nyfishguy

been to there website and they claim this thing can do amazing things for your tank so i have 3 questions:

does anyone have one??

do they actually work???

and how the hell do they work??

been to there website and they claim this thing can do amazing things for your tank so i have 3 questions:

does anyone have one??

do they actually work???

and how the hell do they work??

1. No.

2. No.

3. They don't.

hth :)

They're filled with pixie dust...of course they work. how could they not? and remember, they don't even have to be hooked up to the tank, you can place them anywhere in your house and they'll perform just as well!

holy crap!!! wait...umm///ya! WHAT CRAP!

take my two cents....hook it up to the farthest spicket u have from the tank...n PRESTO...perfect reef!!!

i just thought about a m onth or two ago, my mother brought home one of those skymall books from the plane ride. it had a filter system, that claimed that u would never ever again have to do a water change!!! :haha:

i just thought about a m onth or two ago, my mother brought home one of those skymall books from the plane ride. it had a filter system, that claimed that u would never ever again have to do a water change!!! :haha:

There is a product that was reviewed in Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine in December. It is called the Eco Magic Zero Water Change System. I believe that is what you saw in the SkyMall Magazine. The system was originally created for the commercial food aquaculture industry.

The reviewer said the system actually works(Freshwater Only), but he would still do a water change.

I also have the Eco Aqualizer. I have not done a water change in a year on the tank. The fish that died are not completely rotted away and just about all the live rock is dead. Great product.

okay, i'll offer some real advice on this subject, please refer to the following for an indepth discussion of this item:

We decided to look into this product after a lengthy thread on the Reefs.org website where it was discussed. Our first impression was that the number and extent of the claims made for the product was totally out of proportion for what the product seemed to be.

The product explanations given on the website flew in the face of sound engineering and scientific principles. In addition, the product description seemed awfully close to numerous magnetic products sold for water purification, medical uses, and even to improve automobile gas mileage. Several of the companies selling the latter products have recently been prosecuted by the Federal Trade Commission for false claims and deceptive sales tactics. So this product raised several red flags with us, and we considered it worthy of checking out.

We ordered one from the manufacturer, and then recieved two more from hobbyists who had tried them and didn't want them anymore. We're working on several test protocols to properly investigate what, if anything, these do to the water, so please check back often as we will be updating these pages as we go.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041015223401/...ng/EcoTest.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20041015223016/.../EcoPhotos.html

• 2 months later...

Archived