Pod Your Reef

Euro-Reef Nano Skimmers

balistidae

did anyone here actually get a chance to test one during the beta phase? I got an acceptance letter from them to participate in the testing of the unit, but then I never heard anything more about it...

did anyone here actually get a chance to test one during the beta phase? I got an acceptance letter from them to participate in the testing of the unit, but then I never heard anything more about it...

Same here. I exchanged a few messages with the builder but it never panned out. Sweet looking skimmers though!!

Same here. I exchanged a few messages with the builder but it never panned out. Sweet looking skimmers though!!

I have not had a chance to finish the 3.5" OD with two small pumps which I mentioned should really be on your size tank.

I did design and test a 3.0" OD skimmer with 2 pumps for customers with a CAD PRO 39...maybe that might be of interest to you. The foam in this skimmer is pretty crazy and more then likely this skimmer will come with reduced OD and regular sized impellers. For heavy stocked tanks the reduced OD size impellers will have to be used or else the foam will blow the lid off the cup.

The cup is actually 3.5"OD so that I could use a larger ID foam riser and control wet/dry foam production better.

Regards,

nanoskim

The skimmer has finally been released. Any one buy one yet?

Does anyone know if it fits in the JBJ 28g?

www.euro-reef.com/nano.shtml

What is the available footprint in the larger chamber?

We may already have a nano available depending on the footprint.

Regards,

nanoskim

burtbollinger

the question you ask...with all due respect, and I know we should all know the dimensions of our own shi...but....well you should be the one telling us with confidence...

you'll sell a lot more if you mod your website to say what more common tanks these will fit. like will these fit in the back of a topless nano cube 24g? the jbj 28 HQI rear chamber.... it might take a bit of time to get dimensions on the rear chambers of the common tanks but it would be worth it...

for instance, like right now, if i saw if the bigger one of the two fit in chamber 1 of an open-top 24g nano cube, i'd have bought it tonite, but with out that instant reassurance, I didn't pull the trigger...

I can't be the only one who will feel the same...a little bit of legwork on your part will definetly result in more sales for you.

again...i submit this suggestion respectfully...

good luck with your new product, btw :)

the question you ask...with all due respect, and I know we should all know the dimensions of our own shi...but....well you should be the one telling us with confidence...

you'll sell a lot more if you mod your website to say what more common tanks these will fit. like will these fit in the back of a topless nano cube 24g? the jbj 28 HQI rear chamber.... it might take a bit of time to get dimensions on the rear chambers of the common tanks but it would be worth it...

for instance, like right now, if i saw if the bigger one of the two fit in chamber 1 of an open-top 24g nano cube, i'd have bought it tonite, but with out that instant reassurance, I didn't pull the trigger...

I can't be the only one who will feel the same...a little bit of legwork on your part will definetly result in more sales for you.

again...i submit this suggestion respectfully...

good luck with your new product, btw :)

I appreciate your comments and suggestions...you are absolutely correct!

Since I cannot afford to buy all the nano tanks that are out there being used ( I did buy a bunch of JBJ tanks)

I have to depend on the user inputs ( I have received many!) so that I can produce skimmers that I know with confidence will fit and perform.

A lot of "legwork" then begins in designing and testing a skimmer that will perform for that particular configuration... that is why it takes along time to put these skimmers on the market.

We had to split and redo the website for the nano skimmers and part of the design was to include two tables:

- A table which identifies a skimmer for a specific tank

- A second table which identifies all the skimmers with all the associated performance parameters

This is in the works and the tables will be expanded as more skimmers are built and tested for other tanks.

That is why I am asking hobbyists for skimmer chamber parameters if it is a tank for which I have no existing info....so far I am aware of at least 15 different tanks out in the market!

I will add more info on the existing website to identify which tank the skimmer was designed for until the tables can be included.

Cheers and have a Merry Christmas!

i havent seen any videos?..the only one i saw the skimmer was mounted incredibly high..

You can see the currently available skimmers on our pic website "nano-skimmers.info"

The tall one you saw was a test model for a new pump/impeller combination...the test was to see how much water column pressure the pump could handle and it was pretty impressive.

Cheers,

nanoskim

It was just surprising that the JBJ 28g nanocube was not one of the tanks the skimmers was planned around. It seems like one of the most popular AIO tanks, espescially for someone in the market for a high end skimmer. I see on the pic website some of the pics are labelled for the JBJ 24g. Is the back compartment area on these

much different than the 28g?

Is the model NS2.5-1 made to fit into the 12 gal NCDX. Is it made to fit with the closed top?

The model NS2.5-1 fits in the JBJ 12 g with the lid closed, in the second compartment.

I do not have the specs for the 12g NCDX...maybe you can give me the footprint etc. for this tank and then I will check to see if it fits.

Regards,

nanoskim

It was just surprising that the JBJ 28g nanocube was not one of the tanks the skimmers was planned around. It seems like one of the most popular AIO tanks, espescially for someone in the market for a high end skimmer. I see on the pic website some of the pics are labelled for the JBJ 24g. Is the back compartment area on these

much different than the 28g?

Maybe someone on this forum can measure this compartment and let us know...then it will be easy to check for fit.

Regards,

nanoskim

So is the beta program still on? I think I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago but still haven't heard anything

I was wondering the same thing?

burtbollinger

Want to order...which one do I want for an open top nano cube 24g?

also, do these depend on a consistent water level for proper operation? Thanks!

burtbollinger

You would use the NS2.5-2 version...how far can the skimmer stick out above the tank?

The longer the body the drier you can make the skim mate if that is what you wanted.

This skimmer will be on the website as soon as the pics are finished...it is more difficult to take decent pics then the actual building of the skimmers once the design /test is finished.

The smaller the skimmer body the more the constant water level makes a difference in proper operations due to water pressure changes on the pump and outlet.

Regards,

nanoskim

I was wondering the same thing?

Unfortunately economic circumstances have changed dramatically since I had contacted the potential beta testers including you. I am no longer in the position of handing out free skimmers for any beta testing. I can however provide skimmers at 70% of retail cost for those contacted and still interested in beta testing, not for performance evaluation but more for improvements in form,fit and function.

The reason for this is that I have to do and have done very time consuming design/testing in building skimmers that will perform under a great variety of tank parameters that are in the market. At the end there literally are no more performance improvements I could make if I had to!

It may be hard to understand this situation for folks that are not in the shoes of a manufacturer...on top of all this, the price of acrylic tubing has increased twice in the last 3 months!

Regards,

nanoskim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived