Top Shelf Aquatics

new tank and new user i mean like the first tank ever

lazeelegs

my son and i (hes 17) have decided to start a mini reef tank i have ordered a Eclipse 12 Gallon Deluxe glass set up. What do i need to do after we receive it.

we are both excited about the tank but we know it will take time,,,patience is not a virtue at our house..

start by reading here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/

Chris has put most of what you need to know there.

I would strongly suggest deciding what animals you want to keep before you order anything. This will help you in determining the lighting and other variables that will go into the equipment you will buy.

Once you know what animals you want, you can then start scouring the net for the cheapest places to buy your goodies. You might also want to hit the vendor feedback area for store information.

Don't be afraid to ask questions but please have a basic understanding of the topic at hand before asking. The animals (myself included) get rather agitated with uninformed questions.

Oh, and stay away from the JCT in the lounge. It is not a happy place.

lazeleggs, I would double think the patience part of your above statement unless you want to get torn apart in here, also unless you have unlimited funds. Think first, second, third, and then fouth before making any moves, people will be much nicer to you then. Good luck.

~A

Archived