Top Shelf Aquatics

What is the smallest footprint skimmer?

Reef Chicks

I just got my 50 gallon corner tank drilled (and all this time I thought it couldn't be!) and now I am setting it up for a wet/dry/sump and was wondering what is the smallest, skinniest, hard-working skimmer I can get for down there. Between the pump and the crowded space, there isn't much room left for a skimmer, but it is a vital component for an octopus tank, so I can't do without one. Ideally, I would like to have one that turns over at least twice the tank water volume. There is a used one for $25 at my LFS taht fits perfectly but it looks to be cheap and not veyr good. I don't know the brand of it (Coralife maybe?) but it is run by a small Rio pump.

Any suggestions?

I have maybe 5" x 4" available down there. While I agree that I need a great skimmer, and the Deltec is one of those, there is just no way I can spend $450 on one.

What about an AquaC Urchin?

i agree the Deltec is very pricy. the AquaC Urchins footprint is still 6" x 4.75. What do you have in your sump now? Do you have a pic of it? Is it a custom made sump? or are u running a wet/dry filter?

Archived