Cultivated Reef

2 mo. old tank, first coral = zenia, please id specie

blk_g20

my tank is about 2.5 months old and yesterday i've added my first coral, a zenia but i'm not sure what specific kind it is. if anybody knows, please enlighten me. thanks

*EDIT* came home today to find one of the stalk limped...i dont know whats wrong. i added mushrooms this weekend but dont see how that would affect the xenia. any ideas? thanks

also, please ID these strange looking snail creatures. it almost look like a pyramid except its round. i have several of them. they don't move around too much like the other snails

also please ID these strange looking snail things. i've got several of them in the tank when i got my rocks. they dont move around too much, and look almost like a pyramid except they're round.

dont have pic of the bottom, i dont haven't seen them on the glass yet, just on my rocks. but from a short bit of reading i am fearing they're keyhole limpets, some say these guys eat their zenia, and others say they're harmless...i'll keep a closer eye on them.

my turbo just gave me a good scare, i was so afraid it was going to knock the little frag off...i used some expoxy to glue the xenia, but i dont think it has fully cured yet...

dont' worry about the snail, xenia attaches pretty quickly. In fact, it looks like it's already attached. Also, if you don't get an answer here, there's an ID forum specifically for these kinds of questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived