inTank Media Baskets

D'mazing' Blazing Pico

iicongii

acetennis2002

I was thinking about building the exact same light but i wasnt sure if i needed a ballast or not....everything i have read so far said i needed a ballast but you dont have one. Just have a couple questions....

1. How long have you had your light over your tank?

2. Are you pleased with it?

3. Did you have to mod where the bulb goes?

4. What kind of flood light is it halogen or vapor and what is the wattage of the light (is it a 150w fixture and a 70w bulb or what)

Just trying to do my research to make sure i dont waste money. BTW great pico i cant wait until i get to put coral in mine it should be ready the day after christmas :haha:

I am fairly sure he has one. In one of the pictures of the stand build it shows the black cord going in the stand and the yellow cord coming out. There is a connection in there and is most likely where the balast is stored.

I am fairly sure he has one. In one of the pictures of the stand build it shows the black cord going in the stand and the yellow cord coming out. There is a connection in there and is most likely where the balast is stored.

I would second this, It seems that the yellow cord is the power supply to the ballast and the black cord is the power feed to the light fixture itself.

I will say this, he has a very nice tank and setup. I don't like the idea of using both MH and PC together like he is doing, but his tank and life don't seem to mind it a bit. Very nice set up Cong, and shortly, mine shall be rival MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL :ninja: :ninja: fingerscrossed fingerscrossed :haha: :haha:

read my thread lol. finished the frame work on the stand going to get the paneling in a little bit and hopefully will have ti completely set up within the new year.

yea a few sps. and 6 hours will be max . mainly lps though

acetennis2002

Yes i wanted MH lighting over my pico bc i want to keep SPS i have a power quad over my 10 gal but i didnt think that was strong enough for SPS and this looked like a cheap project could i use a 150w flood light and a 70w bulb or do i need the 300w fixture?

Yes i wanted MH lighting over my pico bc i want to keep SPS i have a power quad over my 10 gal but i didnt think that was strong enough for SPS and this looked like a cheap project could i use a 150w flood light and a 70w bulb or do i need the 300w fixture?

you can use a 150 watt fixture no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
5galnanoreef
After selling off most of my corals this is what it looks now with only my Montiporas and assorted Ricordeas.

IMG_0201.jpg

The new year have come and its time to get new corals for this coming up year. Thinking about adding 2 pom pom crabs. my sexy shrimps been doing good but they like to mess with my montipora alot so i put them in time out in the back refuge. more picture will be posted up later..

dude your nice tank looks fugly now. i liked the look of the leather and stuff. shoulda told me i woulda paid ya to ship me the corals and i woulda used them for myself. :P. its ok actually the rics look really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived