Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Too much flow for my new 40g?

TeamZissou

I am putting together a reef tank for my college's Biology Dept. and they just approved my request for $1,600 worth of equipment.... :P I wrote in for a MP20 and a SEIO M2600, would this be too much flow?

The tank measures: 48x13x16, which comes to around 40g

I also wrote in for a Vital Sine refractometer, a EcoSystem Pro Series HOB Wet/Dry Filter System(I cant plumb this tank), a Current NOVA Extreme T-5 fixture, 200W Hydor Theo heater, Reef Crystals Salt, aragamax sand, and 40lbs of uncured Fiji from PA...

This is gunna be sweet... A local reef club, i think the Greater Iowa Reefers Assoc., has talked to the school before about setting up a reef, and at the time was willing to donate a bunch of coral, so we are going to try and contact them again, but that was a few years ago that they offered.

Starting it up when I get back from winter break hopefully... so beginning of Jan.

I was looking around, and with the NOVA, I'd still have more than 10wpg and the tank is just about the same depth as my 10gal that has 8wpg, everything in there is doing great and we probably wouldnt be keeping any sps.

I dont want to burn out my corals, lol, other than that, that's a pretty sweet deal!

Archived