Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Somebody check my math...

ddr_phish

I just want someone to make sure I did my math right please. The magnesium dosing is going well in my frag tank (killing Bryopsis) and I am thinking about also doing this in my 34gallon half moon which also has a bit of Bryopsis as well. Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion states that it raises Mg by 26ppm in one gallon of tank water, using 1 ml of product. So without trying to explain my math, 500ml of Magnesion would raise the Mg by around 435ppm (give or take a couple ppm) in 30 gallons of tank water. Correct? Or am I horribly misguided?

I just want someone to make sure I did my math right please. The magnesium dosing is going well in my frag tank (killing Bryopsis) and I am thinking about also doing this in my 34gallon half moon which also has a bit of Bryopsis as well. Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion states that it raises Mg by 26ppm in one gallon of tank water, using 1 ml of product. So without trying to explain my math, 500ml of Magnesion would raise the Mg by around 435ppm (give or take a couple ppm) in 30 gallons of tank water. Correct? Or am I horribly misguided?

I do believe you are correct.

LoL good, I'm not exactly good at math, and usually go about the hard way to figure out things like this. Anyone else wanna confirm this or tell me I'm wrong?

Let's do this in a couple of steps....

If 1 ml / 1 gallon gives 26ppm, then 500 ml / 1 gallon will give 13000ppm (multiply both sides by 500)

Then divide both sides by 30 (for the total gallons) and you get 433.33ppm....

That's the correct calculation...

Mitch

Please note...I skipped a decimal place at first, then edited the thread to what it shows now...sorry....

So...yeah, your math was right....but why not dose Epsom Salt? It's the perfect supplement and it's like $1.50 a bag!!!!

See I knew someone here would do it simplified. My way took me like 15 minutes to figure, gosh I suck at math...

But anyways, thanks guys for helping me out :)

Archived